Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What a tale your thoughts could tell

I took a trip to Chinatown this afternoon to get a painting for my professor and couldn't resist taking some photos. The juxtaposition of colours, the people, the flowers, the sheer amount of foodstuff and the smell of dried meat (not my favourite smell, to be honest) and pomelos all made for one heck of an afternoon.
I felt like a tourist in my own country as the people gestured excitedly and talked loudly in Mandarin. "Hello girl with the stripes", one man called out to me (or was he leering?). I walked away hurriedly.

Soon, the sun was beating down my back and the number of people had increased tenfold- a sure sign for me to leave.
But not before i photographed my surroundings and the beautiful flowers, bought two tops (for $16!) and a Merlion keychain for Charlie.

Enjoy the photos everyone.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! You really have a knack for photography!

~Dana

9:58 AM  
Blogger raggedee_ann said...

I was reading your write-up about the things you love... here's mine: I love you my dear friend. :)

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The pictures are amazing. I wish I was there instead of here. I love the warmth and flowers and the ocean....

-Michelle (love, delia demerise)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home