Friday, September 01, 2006

Brighter than sunshine




The first offical day of spring and the weather is beautiful. The scent of jasmine is everywhere. It was warm enough in the morning for me to wear a tube top but now, as eveningtime catches up on us, it's cool-ish. I sit in my study with all the windows and doors open to let in the wind. I hear a plane fly across and the leaves rustling. I had some friends over for lunch and we sat in the lounge and talked about nothing as some jazz played in the background. I took a drive, went to the post office to mail off some presents and drove back home. I did two loads of laundry and hung them out to dry in the sunshine. I can't wait to have my clothes smelling like sun and wind again, rather than the dryer. The October issue of Real Living arrived in the mail yesterday and i had to call the subscription people up and tell them thank-you very much for the October issue but where was my September one?? They promised to have one delivered within the next five days. I've unpacked all my warm weather clothes- short skirts, halter dresses (Yay!- and put away all my coats. I have 92 essays to mark but i'll do them on Sunday. I am loving having a Friday afternoon to myself to write, reflect and be by myself. Now i will make a cup of coffee and watch some tv.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You make me want to live in Sydney! Tres beautiful...

Thank you for blogging.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home