Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Summer breeze


It's summer and everything is bright and beautiful. The sky is so blue; little tufts of clouds sit content in the blueness. The smell and sight of the ocean, its magnificence, remain intoxicating- the currents too dangerous to swim in but beautiful to look at. All the fruit in the market inspire me- strawberries, raspberries, apricots, plums, nectaries, peaches; all so juicy and ripe, they scream "It's summer! Eat us! Indulge in our sweetness". The sun shines warm upon my face, the wind at my back*. The windchimes in my kitchen make a sweet sound when the summer winds blow, its sound a gentle accompaniment to me when i sit in the living room and read. All is as it should be. There is peace.


*An Irish blessing i love

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Wow! It's Wednesday there already, and it's summer. Here, it's 7:35 p.m. on New Year's Day, and I shoveled 6" of snow from my driveway today! The photo of the windchime is gorgeous. Happy New Year to you!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, this is a beautiful entry in both words and picture. I love to think about how far you've come - so many reasons to jump for joy. :) 2008 will be an awesome new year for you. I love you too. - Jo

11:51 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

Aw, thanks for the kind words of encouragement and the prayers. It's been a rough day for us. You and Jonathan should go to Vermont for Christmas someday - it's so beautiful and romantic there! I miss summer, but I do love the snow. In the meantime . . . I'll send you a snowball in the mail! :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home