Saturday, July 31, 2004

When nothing satisfies

After my exhilarating walk at the beach this morning (see post below), i came home to a breakfast of cereal- some Post (peaches and almonds) combined with a chocolate one i got from Carrefour not too long ago. Alas, this particular combination didn't work too well and the end product tasted odd. But i ate it all up whilst watching Oprah.
I try not to waste food as much as possible and i was too engrossed in Oprah to really taste my food. So that was fine.
At 11am, i was stretched out on my bed doing my relaxation exercise and promptly fell asleep for the next two hours. I guess my relaxed mind and the anti-anxiety pill (which is supposed to make me drowsy) i took just before the exercise was too powerful a combination.
Apart from the fact that my nap made me miss John Kerry's speech on CNN (I was not happy about missing Edwards' one yesterday, especially after watching Obama's the day before), it was good. Sleep is such a nice way to recharge yourself and the rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning my room, having lunch (noodles, beef and potatoes- yummy.) and waiting for Jus to come over. We looked at photos and talked till it was time for me to leave for mass at 6pm.
It was unfortunate that i was feeling very un-relaxed by the time i reached my church.
It was even more unfortunate that i came home to find all my precious photographs missing from my brother's computer. I could feel my heart starting to beat a little faster and immediately popped another anti-anxiety pill.
Turns out my brother had HIDDEN the photos in another folder because he wanted me to think he had erased them.
Now, do i know that this is nothing to cry over? Absolutely. But i'm sorry to say that tears did start to fall. I just can't help myself these days.
My dad scolded my brother for making me unnecessarily upset and i felt all better after that. Hah.

In other news, i got a Jennifer Knapp album this evening! I adore her and so, am very pleased with my purchase. Right now, i'm listening to Hillsong's Overwhelmed album which, apart from providing me with lots of reassurance, is very conducive for worship. I will hopefully get the Steven Curtis Chapman one soon.
Would you like to buy it for me?

Yesterday, i met the beee-yoo-tee-ful Lil for lunch and coffee. I love being around her and i  swear she gets prettier everytime i see her! We both ended up buying a copy of The Time Traveler's Wife. I *really* hope she likes it as much as i did.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wasnt a nice thing for your brother to do... why would he want to purposely make you upset? BOYS! :)

Have a great day.

-Michelle (Delia demerise)

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home