Friday, February 01, 2008

A burning memory


The rain that fell last night was much welcomed. It has been a hot and humid week and it was nice to be refreshed by the cool air. As the rain fell, i lay on the couch with the windows open and listened. I put some of my old CDs on and listened to (mostly sad) love songs.

Yes, it was that kind of night. It made me remember all those rainy nights back in Singapore when i would look out of the window and pray for a boyfriend. Nothing happened as planned but by a strange twist of events (or God's divine timing), i landed in Sydney, fell in love and got married.

But there is always something more that i want. Something else to dream about and hope for.

And now, we've come to the first day of the last month of summer. Soon, i'll have to take out the coats and scarves and put away my slippers. It's always bittersweet for me to do this. During the cold months, it seems like spring and summer is so far away and then when it gets here, it disappears so quickly.

But this year, i really want to enjoy winter. I complain too much when it gets cold (probably because i've lived in the tropics most of my life and am still not used to seasons) but i want to notice the beautiful things brought to life in the cold this time around. Maybe a new red coat will help me enjoy the season better as well.

There are so many things to look forward to and everyday i tell myself that if i can just forget about the bad and trust that God holds my future ever so gently in his hands, things will be so much nicer for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home