Sunday, July 18, 2004

I hear the clock, it's 6am...


"Re-enacted shot of the Tale of me and the alarm clock"
 
I was supposed to have woken up at 6am to go for mass at the Church of St.Vincent De Paul (not my usual parish).
The alarm rang. I looked at time and promptly went back to sleep only to suddenly open my eyes 25 minutes later.
This, unfortunately, left me with a measely TEN minutes to get showered and changed and meet Darren who was waiting downstairs. Thank goodness for cars and such because we miraculously made it for mass on time at 7am (even after missing an exit!).
 
But it was worth it. I really listened to the homily the priest delivered and the songs the choir chose excellently complemented the theme of the mass this week.
It made me realise just how much was missing from the mass my own choir sang for last night. I can't put my finger on what exactly is amiss with my church- with the congregation, priests, choirs, animators and just about everyone else.
It took a mass in another parish to make me aware of the wrongness i feel sometimes in my church and for that i'm glad. There are many things i cannot change but there are some things i can.
I have hope that mass next week can be made a little different, a little better for everyone involved. With God's grace, of course. We can't forget Him.
 
In other news, i saw fireworks last night (see pictures below)!! If you know me, you'd know that i love fireworks and can stand rooted to a spot, completely enthralled. There's just something so...magical about them.  
 
Before i sign off, i must thank the fabulous Jen Jen who called me from the Jamie Cullum showcase last Friday to let me listen to a few of his songs. Actually, she's been voted my "person-of-the-week" because not only did she alert me to the fact that one of the radio stations was giving away tickets to the showcase, she text messaged me every time it was time to call in to win the tickets!
Alas, they wanted caller no.12 and i was both caller no.1 and no.10 the times i managed to actually get through.
As they say: You win some, you lose some. Except i've never really won anything...
Ah well. Have a good Sunday everyone and remember not to "worry and fret" about the little things.  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, thanx for your last note. What kind of camera do you have? I love the pictures you post! Anyway, it seems like you are doing well over here. I am glad for you. :) ~ Mystic Bluejay

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home