Sunday, August 01, 2004

My spirit soars when my heart meets with Yours

Neither death, nor life
nor angels, nor rulers
nor trials in the present
nor any trial to come.
Neither height, nor depth,
nor all of creation,
can ever seperate us from the love of God
Poured out in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

I was listening to this song the entire afternoon as i got ready to go to church and it really prepared me for what was to come later.

Mass this evening was a beautiful experience for me.
There were moments throughout the entire celebration when all i wanted to do was lift up my hands in praise of God and yell "I love you, Lord" at the top of my voice. And then there were other moments where i closed my eyes and let the hymns and the rituals wash over me like rain after a drought. I played the organ and piano today and it felt so right, as if my soul was satisfied. Whenever i play these days, i play as if my life depends on it, so much so that it feels as if my heart has been laid out for everyone to see. My emotions have no place to hide, regardless of whether i'm upset, angry or happy.
What a wonderful gift i've been given- the gift of music that needs to be shared with everyone.
What a wonderful gift we've been given- the gift of Jesus.

I am overwhelmed by the extent of God's goodness. Matthew Kelly, in his book titled A Call to Joy describes joy as "the all-intoxicating feeling of becoming". Everyday is a struggle for me as i alternate between feeling really good about myself to having a knife in my hand and thinking how easy it would be to stab myself in the heart.
But joy is not happiness, which is so transient. Joy is a gift which resides in the heart, helping you up when you're plagued with troubling thoughts and reminding you to offer a prayer of thanksgiving when good things happen.
Joy has taken root in my heart. Has it in yours?

Joy of my days
You are my strength
Here i am sheltered in Your hand
Hillsong Australia, Let your kingdom come

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gen, i don't know if you remember me, but i'm [ chimera] whose od staled for quite a while. your entries are really a refreshing read, thank you for the beautiful pictures and words because i can almost smell the fragrance of the cakes and feel the warmth of sunshine when i peruse through your words. i found this entry on joy particularly meaningful and i quoted you in my new livejournal, i hope you don't mind. :)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home