Monday, September 06, 2004

From a land down under

Greetings from Sydney!
Gosh. There are so many things to write about and i have no idea where to start. Maybe we should do this in a bulleted format.

  • I love it here.
  • It's chilly. But sunny. I love wearing jackets everywhere. I bought scarves and a cute little pink jacket which i adore and shall be wearing tonight.
  • I'm meeting Charlie for dinner tonight! I'm a little nervous but it should be fine. Meeting online friends in person. Wow. And i'm meeting my dearest Sandy soon too. Yay!
  • Shopping here is fabulous. Someone, PLEASE stop me from buying everything i lay my eyes on.
  • The people are friendly, unlike in Singapore. Hrm.
  • I'm putting up with a fabulous couple- Jim and Mary- at Chatswood. They are just too good to me. Their suburb is lovely.
  • I love standing in the balcony and drinking coffee. And i drink a lot of coffee. I can't help myself- EVERYONE here drinks so much coffee. There's a cafe at amost every corner. I love Gloria Jean's Toffee Nut Latte.
  • I found a place which sells wonderful carrot loaves. Oh, they're good.
  • Flowers- lavender, daisies, roses. Spring is gorgeous.
  • My lips are cracking. My skin is scaly.
  • We had a hailstorm last night and i was sooooo excited. The roads looked like it had snowed!
  • Telly. Yeah. BBQs. "How you doing?". Neighbours. Sunnies. Steak and mushroom pies. Got to love the Australians.
  • The Opera house. Can i just say that i never get tired of seeing it? And i do see it. A lot.
  • Circular Quay. The Rocks. Town Hall. I take the train everywhere. It's just easier that way.
  • I had a white chocolate mocha at the Starbucks in Darling Harbour a few days ago. That made me so very happy. Happier than happy even.
  • I love it here.

I can't imagine leaving.


8 Comments:

Blogger raggedee_ann said...

it sounds so great gen...and you sound like you're having a fantastic time! :)
was wondering when i'd be hearing from you too. hee..

oh you can get our picture off my webshots page. just search for raggedee_ann or do you want me to email it over to you?

*hugs* take care dear~

3:06 PM  
Blogger lil' said...

I'm so JEALOUS but I'm also so glad you are having a great time, cos you deserve it! :)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola my dear!
I've been wondering about you :)
Yay! For all the fun you're having, it really does sound divine, with the trains and the coffee and oh my gosh the shopping.

I wish I was with you (hug) Take care, and have fun buying out the spring collections :)

love, mel

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shane Pereira said...

aloha!!! hee hee hee so happy for you!!! wish i were on holiday (with andrea) :P

12:27 PM  
Blogger raggedee_ann said...

Oh dear.. I'm so sorry gen.. i didn't know that the file size would be so humongous! I hear that they charge by the number of kb (1000 plus) that you download in Australia. I hope this gets to you before you open it though :P Sorry!

6:26 PM  
Blogger aunty_yip said...

Gd to hear you're having such a fantastic time! Enjoy yourself to the max ya!! *hugz*

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I like reading that you are having such a good time, you deserve it. Looking forward to reading more! ~ Mystic Bluejay

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're having a good time! I'm going to catch up on all of your new posts now!

~Dana

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home