Sunday, March 13, 2005

Use it for you

Snippets of life:
On my room:
My room is filled with everything i love- the colour pink, inspirational posters, photographs, my bible, clothes, my CDs and various books from the library. A pretty quilt keeps me warm at night. I open the window every morning to let the sunshine in. Two small shrubs sit on my window sill, trying their darndest not to get knocked over by the wind. Some days they succeed; some days they don't. I kinda understand how they feel sometimes.

On church:
I now go to two different churches- a Catholic one every Sunday morning and Hillsong on Saturday and Sunday evening. I still love the traditions that permeate Catholicism but Hillsong has changed my life completely. I can't even begin to articulate my experience at their services. You've got to be there to understand. I step into church and i feel happier because everyone there is just filled with so much life and love and faith that you can't help but share in their joy. I mean, this church is just too cool.

On friendship:
I guess it still surprises me that i have made friends in so short a time here. Real friends. Lisa is just a wonderful person and i love spending time with her. We oscillate between serious converstaions about life and boys. Yeah, we talk about boys alot. She loves someone. I'm trying not to lead people on. I know what kind of boy i want and i'm going to wait for him. But this paragraph isn't about boys, it's about friendship. So, i should tell you about Christine whom i met at Hillsong last Friday. Christine's here on holiday from Germany. Today, we were finishing each other's sentences and nodding our heads enthusiastically at what the other was saying. Christine who loves coffee and chocolate and appreciates a quiet morning on the beach reading. We walked to the Opera House this afternoon and sat by the water with our ice-cream. I have absolutely no idea how i'm going to say goodbye to her when she leaves in two weeks. We're spending the whole of next week (i have a conference this week and Chris is going for a 'Learn to surf' camp) together doing fun stuff like going to the beach, drinking coffee at various cafes and talking. She's invited me to go to Germany this December so i'm probably taking her up on the offer. Excitement. Now i just need to find a job.

On life in general:
Life is good. I have been blessed beyond expectation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really have been blessed, Gen :-) I'm so happy for you!

2:11 PM  
Blogger lil' said...

you look so prettie. :)

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home