Monday, March 21, 2005

White picket fences in your eyes

Shall i let you in on a little secret?
I like a boy.
Well, you might say, that's nothing to shout about.
But it is. To me.

You see, it isn't always that i see someone and feel a pang. You know that pang. It's the feeling that hits you when you see someone and everything about that person just gets to you. In a good way.
This pang has only hit me once before so to feel it again was indeed something.
And it's not even about how attractive that person is. It's more than that. It's that inexplicable attraction that leaves you thinking, and dreaming.

So, i see this boy and feel a pang. And then i see him again. All of a sudden, he seems to be everywhere, At the carpark in church, at the cafe, at the Colour conference where he was helping out.
His first words to me were, "Cheque or savings?". He sold me a book. I tried to peer at his nametag but his name was printed in such a small font.

You know how girls just have to share stuff with their girlfriends? That's just what i did.

And it turns out that one friend knew where he was from.
Another friend knew his name.
"He's such a nice boy", they both say.
I tell myself it's about time i fell in like with a nice boy.

Last night, the boy was standing in front of me and i took the opportunity to stare into his eyes as he spoke with my friends. I can't decide if they're blue or green or gray. All three, possibly.
I didn't want him to stop talking because i liked the way his voice sounded.

Crushes are sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home