Sunday, May 22, 2005

"I'm fine baby, how are you?"

Eight years ago, i sat in a literature class reading John Keats', 'Ode to Autumn' and thinking it Romantic and fanciful but just not cool. Oh, the irony.
Now, it seems as if i can't stop taking pictures of autumn and gazing admiringly at the falling orange leaves. My first autumn. Once in a while, as i'm walking around the city or the beach or even when i'm sitting in the kitchen having a biscuit and some coffee in the late afternoon (normal stuff, really), i am suddenly reminded of where i am. And it doesn't cease to amaze me, this reminder. I reckon i'm still going to be amazed two years down the road.
I never want to get used to all of this. I want everyday to feel like the first day of the rest of my life.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - is it really your first autumn? How neat! Will it get cold enough in Sydney that you might get to see your first snow?

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home