Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Some things change, some stay the same




How nice would it be to come home one day and find dinner cooked and waiting to be eaten, dishes washed and the house not in disarray? Many a times, i get home after a long day at uni or work and almost cry out in frustration when i realise that i have to spend the next half hour or so cooking. For myself. And that's probably the worst bit- having to prepare meals for one. Worth the effort or not? Well, i personally don't fancy eating out very often, and not merely because of the astronomical cost of meals in this city. As i cough out $15 for some penne in cream sauce (of course, it goes by some fancy, unpronouncable name that allows the restaurant to charge $15 for it), i think about the amount of groceries i can buy with that money, groceries that would make me meals for a week. But oh, how wonderful is it to go to a restaurant and have someone prepare your dinner for you? And OH, to have someone wash your dishes for you! Someone, please take me out. Soon.

Meanwhile, what should i have for dinner tonight?

2 Comments:

Blogger Serendipity said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was living in France and preparing most of my meals on my own, I found that to be one of the strangest parts of growing up - having to worry about something so simple that used to always be provided. My friends and I would sometimes get together and cook for each other, and it was much cheaper than going out - but I know it's hard when you've had a long day and don't have time to cook!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home