Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I know we said goodbye




We are seated in the ferry on the way back from Manly. The sun is setting. The waves are crashing. The wind is cold. You hold me.
I feel like i could stay in your arms forever. At that moment, everything seems perfect. Just perfect. I forget about all the things standing in our way.

I turn to my friend, seated on the other side of me and i smile at her.
She smiles back.
I mouth, "Isn't this lovely?"
She nods.

I want to do so many things. I want to savour the feeling of being held by you- the safeness. I want to enjoy Tina's presence on the other side of me. I want to drink in the sunset that is before us- the gray sky flooded with yellow light.
The beauty that surrounds me is so breathtaking that i find myself being overwhelmed by the mish-mash of emotions running through my body.
My body is cold but my heart is warm.

I will always remember that day we sat in the ferry on the way back from Manly. The way the sun set, the way the waves crashed, the coldness of the wind,
The way you held me.

I've still got sand in my shoes
And I can't shake the thought of you
I should get on, forget you
Why, why would I want to
I know we said goodbye
Anything else would've been confused
But I wanna see you again


Dido, Sand in my shoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home