Thursday, April 07, 2005

Time for just another moment and i-




I'm still not used to the way the sky darkens at half past five every evening. But i am getting used to the bright skies at six in the morning. It comforts me, this early morning light. It makes me less afraid.

The days have been passing too quickly and i find myself constantly asking, "Where has the time gone?" One day i find myself at the beach, presumedly to do some readings for my research but ending up laying on the sand, talking to my friend and watching the beautiful people who have settled themselves down on the sand all aorund me. With renewed optimism, i resolve to tone up my body which has become soft from too many tim tams. My friend looks at me and tells me i'm beautiful and i can't help but smile for i've heard this so many times since i arrived in this country that i've found it alot easier to smile and say "Thank-You".

Another day finds me at Ange and Thomas' house, which has become our gathering place. We sit around drinking tea and eating tim tams and talking and not judging. Thomas cooks us pancakes and we drench them with maple syrup. We go sit in the hot tub and resume our conversation. Soon it is dark and i find myself making the long, lonely journey back home on the bus that takes ages to come.

Yet another day finds me in the library in the university, a tower of books before me, papers to my side and a mind that wanders. I dream about having coffee at the Badd Manors cafe at Glebe but settle for a sip of water from my pink water bottle instead.

And so time flies-
Autumn in April. Feet in sand. A $2.80 cup of coffee. A song on the radio which reminds you of last November.
The same song which reminds you of all that lies ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home