Thursday, February 07, 2008

It's a cookie baking sorta day


It's been raining everyday for a week and all i want to do is bake some chocolate chip cookies, have some tea and curl up on the couch with a good book. The cookies are done (sooo good) and the book is out. All i need now is the tea. I love how the rain slows everything down and forces me to prioritise. And i am prioritising a good read and some cookies now.

This morning was lovely. I went to the beach for a walk and then went out to the verandah of my home to have breakfast. The sky was blue and the cool wind was refreshing. I felt so at peace with myself and my surroundings as i sat there having my raisin toast and sipping my tea.

It's times like this that i need to remember and savour- the way the wind cools the body in midsummer; buttered raisin toast still warm from the toaster; tea made just right; indescribable peace and content despite all the uncertainty in my life right now; "Who's going to drive you home tonight?" on the radio.

The moment is captured in my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shane Pereira said...

OI! send some over ;P

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home