Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Feels like home

It's a beeeeautiful Spring day here in Sydney.

I woke up this morning at 8:50 and rushed to the window to see what the weather was like.
Blue skies, sunshine, warmth.
I made myself a cup of coffee and went for a walk around the neighbourhood. It was lovely to see the daisies out in full bloom. I also found a Catholic church that's just two minutes away from where i'm living. I think i'll go for the noon-time mass tomorrow before exploring Chatswood further.

For the first time since i arrived, i was able to leave the house with a skirt and without a jacket. That made me very pleased. I decided to go to Pitt St. Mall, which Charlie mentioned the other night. I took a train (by myself! Woo-hoo!) to Town hall and walked till i reached Pitt St.
My goodness- the number of shops and people were overwhelming.
I ended up buying some things from Dotti, a shop i discovered in Brisbane two years ago. Just a lovely pink and black checkered skirt and a black cami though- nothing too extravagant.
I walked into Queen Victoria Building for a bit and then decided to take the train back to Chatswood, where i made the grave mistake of going into Valley girl (again, for the 700th time).
Needless to say, i came out with a top. Ah well. What can you expect from a woman on holiday?

My afternoon out ended with a Very Vanilla Latte at Gloria Jean's.
Have i mentioned the cute guy who works there? I look in every single time i walk past the cafe just to catch a glimpse of him. Heh. It's really quite funny. I saw him there this morning on my way to the train station and was hoping he'd be there on my way home later.
He was.
So naturally, a cup of coffee needed to be ordered.
He took my order.
I tried to say 'regular skinny Very Vanilla Latte' nonchalantly.
"With cream on top?", he asked.
"No", i replied.
When he gave me back my change and smiled, i thought i'd melt. He has such a sweet disposition. I like him.
I hope he's there tomorrow!

Now i'm back home, having just eaten toast and strawberries for lunch. I think we're having pizza for dinner and then i'm going to catch 13 going on 30 (They call it Suddenly 30 here. ) with my cousin, Jessie.

Songs i'm loving: Break Away by Kelly Clarkson and So beautiful by Pete Murray, a song which Jessie claims is always following us around!

New favourite place in Sydney: Leichhardt. It's a mostly Italian suburb and there's an amazing bookstore there where Jessie and i went crazy in. Bar Italia sells VERY good gelato.

Can you tell i'm happy?

Grew up in a small town,
And when the rain would fall down,
I'd just stare out my window.
Dreaming of what could be,
And if I'd end up happy,
I would pray.
Try not to reach out,
But when I tried to speak out,
Felt like no-one could hear me.
Wanted to belong here,
But something felt so wrong here.
So I'd pray, I could break away.
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly,
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky,
And I'll make a wish, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away.
Out of the darkness and into the sun,
But I won't forget all the ones that I love.
I'll take a risk, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away.
-Kelly Clarkson, Break Away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home