Friday, October 22, 2004

For light does the darkness most fear




It's cool tonight. A nice change.

For a while just now, i thought about the possibility of going insane. And then i realised that it was the panic thinking,
not me.

There are days when i feel wise and worthy to dispense advice- to myself and others.
And then there are days when i need to sit back and enjoy the wisdom, without talking.

I've spent the last couple of days running around and being so tired that falling asleep during my precious TV watching time has become the norm. Last night, i fell asleep during The OC. That is just sad.

In other news, i started writing my thesis proposal this afternoon. My chances of getting accepted into the university seem to become slimmer as the days go by. But i'm just going to do what my heart tells me to do because i firmly believe that God puts certain desires in our hearts and these are the very things that give us our inclinations. So if you feel really strongly about something, it may be that it's God's will for you and he's just giving you a push in the right direction. I came to this conclusion while waiting for the traffic lights to change from red to green. Realizations come upon us at the oddest of times.
Like this morning in the shower, i suddenly thought of the negotiation of identities by immigrants.
So that went into my proposal.

It's raining now. I have a postcard of Sydney sitting on my desk. Christmas decorations are being put up in the city (earlier and earlier every year, i swear. Oh well, as long as it makes people smile). The calender above my desk is for the month of August. I had peanut butter on toast and a banana for dinner. I hope i don't have bipolar disorder (we're (my psychiatrist and i) monitoring the situation).

Life.

[Do i know that worry is wasteful? Yes. Does that stop me from worrying? Unfortunately, no.]


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww hunny *hugs you so tight* You are in my thoughts. Please keep your spirits up. Everything will be ok. It will.

-Michelle

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home