Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The queen of spades

I went to the library in town this morning just to get Elizabeth Berg's The art of mending. I was there at 11am when it opened and rushed to the [BER] shelf.
I was pleased to see the book there. Berg is my favorite author.
I came home with a few other books too- Ethan Hawke's Ash Wednesday, Shirley Hazzard's The transit of Venus, Laura Jacobs' Women about town, Janis Hallowell's The annunciation of Francesca Dunn and Lisa Jewell's A friend of the family. All this in addition to Carson McCullers' The heart is a lonely hunter which i borrowed on Saturday and cannot wait to begin reading. (I don't see how you can go to the library and just borrow ONE book. I can never restrain myself!)

It was a beautiful day in town. Very sunny. I had a lovely time walking from the library to the bus stop and then waiting for the bus whilst watching the people about me and taking in the Christmas decorations.
Good days are aplenty now that the anti-depressants have started working. It's odd (but in a good way) not to feel sad and anxious all the time.

In other news, i've decided to start taking better care of myself. This was inspired by Rel. The thing about Rel is that although obviously beautiful, she's also always well groomed. So yes. She's my role-model now. :) I have kick started my exercise routine, which is a good beginning. In December, i shall be fit with (maybe) straight hair.

[Oh! Wham's "Last Christmas" is on the radio now! This song is my guilty pleasure.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny that you should say that as I've been inspired by you! For example, your grooming habits and reading habits. Why do you think I've started going for facials and reading again? :) It's a good thing - us being positive influences on each other :)

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home