Friday, August 25, 2006

Don't hold back your love




It's as if flowers and tiny, bright green leaves have bloomed and sprouted overnight. This is the last week of winter. I am moving house tomorrow and for the first time in my life, will have a separate study from my bedroom. Next week, i will have 100 essays to mark and a bunch of other administrative things to do. Writing my own thesis will have to fit in somewhere, as will watching TV and reading Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld which i made Jon buy for me.

Last weekend, we went to Centennial Park, sat on a bench and watched the swans, ducks and pelicans tiding their time. We picked out two swans in love and wondered why there was only one pelican in the pond. We also walked past some geese which were sunning themselves on the grass. I was amazed at the sight of ever single bird and at the unfathomable nature of Creation. It was the best park outing ever. Then, we went to Parc Cafe for breakfast. There was a write-up on that cafe the previous weekend in the Herald and i thought i'd see what the fuss was about. The cafe was lovely- peaceful and just the right amount of noise. We sat outside and i had a latte (very good!) and some cherry toast with ricotta and honey. YUM! It was pricey but worth it. We didn't want to leave the place! And the service was excellent. It was pleasant sitting in the sunshine, reading the papers, talking, dog-watching and eating good food. Weekends are the best, especially if there is a special someone who understands why you love to have breakfast out on a Saturday morning and pays for it, even if he's happy with toast at home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything you write about what you do with Jon just sounds so peaceful and comfortable - I can't wait to find something like that someday :-)

P.S. Do you ever use Messenger anymore? I looked for you the other day but my contact list was lost, and I don't remember your screen name.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home