Monday, July 24, 2006

A fun afternoon activity




Yesterday, after hours spent cleaning my old flat, we drove to the coffee festival at The Rocks. We found parking for $2.20/hr ten minutes away from the venue, which was great. Although rain was predicted, there was only blue in the sky and the sunshine kept us warm at the harbour. Jon started out with an Italian hot chocolate before i dragged him around trying to find my beloved chai which was at the festival last year. The chai was the reason why i was at the festival even though cleaning had just about exhausted me. So we walked around till i found the spot where the chai stand was last year. And yes! My chai was there! We joined the line as i waited anxiously for a sip of that wonderful tea. Whilst waiting, i photographed Jon drinking his hot chocolate. Then it was my turn and we got two cups because i felt that Jon HAD to try this chai out. And oh my goodness. It was just how i had remembered it to be- the right amount of milk and the right amount of spices. We sat down on the steps, listened to the jazz band and drank our chai happily. Jon was also very pleased with it (he knew better than to say otherwise!). Whilst drinking, Jon decided to take photographs of me. Some of the photos picture me with an almost disturbed expression on my face and i wondered why as i was only feeling good things whilst consuming my chai. Jon later informed me that the sun was in my eyes and i was squinting, which made my nose go all funny. I decided then that i should be the photographer in this relationship. After chai, we walked hand in hand back to the car, but not before i stopped by Cafe Hernandez (another coffee stand) to get some cappucino. I didn't think i'd be able to live it down if i went to a coffee festival and didn't get any coffee. So, i had a cap and it was soooooo good. Maybe the best coffee i've had ever. I was won over by Columbian coffee beans. All cups of coffee were a dollar each and the chai was two dollars. Bargain. It was a lovely day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely outing - do they have a tea festival, by any chance, for those of us who aren't yet coffee addicts?

I liked your right-turn analogy, though I found it kind of funny because here it's always "No Left Turn!"

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home