Friday, June 30, 2006

Suitcase of memories




This is where i spend most of my days. This is my university. Most days, i berate myself for not brigning my camera along for just as i am hurriedly walking from the John Wooley building where my office is to the Fisher library, i see colours (oh, how i adore colours) and shapes that deserve to be captured. The way the afternoon sunlight falls against the wooden door, the way the cafe looks under the blue skies, the people in their scarves wrapped tightly around their necks- blue, red, yellow, green- all walking determinedly to wherever. The sandstone building sheltering the main quadrangle never fails to take my breath away. That buliding after all is what made me fall in love with this place. I see photographs wherever i go, that's how my mind works.
So on Thursday this week, i put my camera in my bag and walked my merry way to uni. Just at the right time, a woman in a red coat was standing next to a tree full of green leaves; shadows were where i wanted them to be; the sky was as blue as can be. My camera couldn't stop clicking. I was doing what i do best- finding beauty in the surroundings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gen,
I Jo, Jon's sister (another one!). I know you've heard a lot from my familt lateley, so I thought I'd hold back on the family inquisition.We were all pretty supprized to hear about Jon having a girlfreind. We have been waiting a while!!!I love the photo's on your blog. So beautiful I'm a soy lover too..family thing. Just thoght I'd say hi. Must go my 2 year old is eating all my potato chips

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home