Thursday, May 25, 2006

Talk




I get to see the author of The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffeneger tomorrow!!! I adore the book and cannot wait to listen to her speak about her book and her writing. I am hoping to get a photo with her and have my book signed. I wish i could read the book again tonight before i see her but that's not going to happen because of my peer's 27 page paper i have to critique. Is this what life is going to be like from now on? The thought makes me strangely satisfied.

I had two epiphanies whilst watching Oprah this afternoon- firstly, i want to teach. And not just tutoring "I-could-care-less" undergraduates either. Secondly, i want to dance. I was flipping the channel between Oprah (she was talking about schools in crisis, hence first epiphany) and 'Strictly Dancing', some kind of dance competition (which resulted in epiphany no.2). Now, i am not the world's flexible person. In fact, i can hardly touch my toes without grimacing in pain. But, i have stamina and determination (well, until i actually start moving my body and realise i cannot bend AT ALL) going for me. Now, all i need is some money for dance lessons. Until then, i might have to be content with walking to the supermarket and back.

There are many fun things occuring this weekend, including the art festival on Saturday and Charlie's dedication on Sunday. But for now, i must return to critiquing with a carrot muffin and tea for sustenance.
I'm going to need it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Hi Genevieve, just wanted to say Hi. Sounds like you are so richly blessed these days, which is great to hear! It's wonderful that you've found someone, I'm so happy for you. Also, it looks like from the titles of your posts you are on a Coldplay kick lately! I love Coldplay! Haha. Have a great day!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shane Pereira said...

those "i could care less" undergraduates... BAH!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home