Monday, April 10, 2006

The same hands that created all of this, they created You and I




I've always loved the fact that i'm easily pleased- seeing the sun set, listening to the rain fall, plucking yellow flowers, a cup of tea in the morning, having toast with ricotta, honey and cinnamon, hearing a favourite song come on the radio, reading in bed under the doona, putting my feet up after a long day. The simple things are more than enough for me.

Loving and being loved- this confounds me and calms me. How does one learn to love? How does one accept love? Can we ever love another as Christ loves us? And then the calm after too much thinking and plotting. The calm that comes with resting in divine, supernatural, unfathomable Love; the calm that comes when the Divine Giver of this Love loves you enough to give you someone, another being, another life to love.

I've learnt that love needn't be hard and complicated. It just happens.
And the simplicity of it is what keeps me believing and knowing that i have been given more than enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Himself said...

that's "created You and Me," genius.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home