Monday, March 13, 2006

This is mine to remember



Angie, Jen, Gen


I have missed my girls. It was so good to spend some time with them on Sunday. The BBQ was fun and easy, just the way they're meant to be. Nathan took care of the meat, as always, while the rest of the guys attempted to look busy when all they were doing, really, was watching Nate cook. The girls sat around, ate and had a good chat. Angie made her famous salsa and introduced us non-Americans to peanut butter cups. So bad but so good. Pure comfort food.

I miss spending Sundays with Ange, Jen, Rach and Tara. Things were so different a year back when we were all searching for friends and found each other. A year back, we would dinner together on Sundays in Angie's place as her husband, Thomas made us pizza. We'd have biscuits and tea together and plan what we'd have at our next meet- up.

And then life happened. Tara went back to Canada and Rach to London. Things changed. New people came into my life.
But what i've realised this past weekend, after spending time with different groups of friends (it's been a weekend of celebrations- Paul/Lina/Viv's housewarming on Friday night, the BBQ on Sunday afternon, Jon's birthday dinner in the evening and then pancakes with some friends to celebrate Viv's birthday at night) is that i need to make time for these people who have come into my life. I miss being the Gen who loved to hang out with friends. I've been comfortable for too long and i feel something in my spirit yearning for change.

During the drive home last night, Viv, Lina, Bec and I sang. It made me smile because at the end of the day, it really is very simple. Spend time with people you love and do the things you enjoy doing. Understand that God is first and no one can ever take his place. Cultivate the ability to be still. Everything else will fall in place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spend time with people you love and do the things you enjoy doing. Understand that God is first and no one can ever take his place. Cultivate the ability to be still. Everything else will fall in place.

This part really spoke to me. :)

Love Rel

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home