Thursday, March 09, 2006

Singing this song for you




My walk started off with silence. I felt a need to listen to the birds singing their melody and to feel the cold, crisp Autumn air on my skin. Satisfied, i turned on my Mp3 player and listened to random songs on a playlist. Each song that played brought back a memory and i spent the rest of the walk enjoying those memories:

Chantal Kreviazuk, Feels like home- Such a special song for so many reasons. Beautiful words. Featured in one of my favourite movies, "How to lose a guy in 10 days". It's one of those songs that i enjoy listening to at any time of the day. Last night, i went to sleep with it playing. Reminds me that where my heart is, my home will be also.

Marty Haugen, Shepherd me, O God- One of my favourite hymns. I remember playing the organ for it in church and being swept away by the haunting nature of the melody. I think back to the old days of being satisfied with mediocre experiences.

The Carpenters, A song for you- I remember listening to the records my dad played on the turntable. I remember him telling me about The Carpenters and me being alarmed that Karen died from anorexia. I remember eating disorders.
I come from a home that was constantly filled with music and i'm so thankful that music has always been part of my life.

Desiree, Kissing you- Romeo and Juliet. I remember being 16. Oh, 16. Today, the line "Watching stars without you, my soul cried" jumped out at me. I want to watch the stars with the one i love one day. Just sit and watch.

Michael Card, Morning song- My uncle used to give me lifts to uni whenever i had an 8am lecture. He always had worship music playing whenever i stepped into the car and i would feel a tangible sense of peace and God's mercy flooding my soul. We would be on the East Coast Parkway and the rising sun to our left always took my breath away. Michael Card writes the most simple, beautiful songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.

Pete Yorn, On your side- This reminds me of all those nights i spent in my room watching "Felicity". I loved that show.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so my walk ended. I walked home in silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home