Monday, April 03, 2006

Your love remains a mystery that's woven all the way through me




I haven't felt like writing much. Instead, i've been living life and enjoying the moment for what it is. My personal journal, which sits next to my bed, is my constant companion now. I feel the need, at this point, today to write for no one else but me. All the words i write now, the feelings that my heart holds and everything else in between are safely captured in my journal, where i find myself writing to God- Dear God...

But there are some things i want to say here. Like how the weather has been getting colder- i wrap myself up in a comfortable sweater when i leave the house; i put a blanket over me and have a cup of tea to read in the lounge. My usually cold hands are even colder now and the search for a beautiful pair of black leather gloves (and boots and coats and scarves) continues. What else? With the changing of seasons, i am reminded that i am in Australia. The cold air, sunshine and blue skies comfort me if only because it means i am here, not there. I am happy. I also got my New South Wales driving license this morning. I took a step of faith and got a three year one because really, i am going to be here for a while. I had a fantastic converstaion with my daddy on Saturday which still brings a smile on my face. His intuition unnerves me sometimes. How do dads always know? During breakfast on Saturday morning, Lauren told me i was glowing. My Sunday went from blah (staying in to do uni readings are SO not what Sundays should be like) to quite, quite lovely. All i had to do was say "Yes".

And i guess that's it.

I wanna know that you hung the stars in the sky
So on lonely nights I would know your presence

Brooke Fraser, Mystery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home