Monday, May 22, 2006

You are loved more than you can ever imagine




The door that leads from my room into the courtyard is ajar, but only slightly. It's 16 degrees today and i want to be warm inside. But i also want to hear the rustling leaves that calm me. Autumn has been such a big season thus far and oh, to think that there is only a week left before winter. I need to appreciate even more than i do at the moment, the beautiful orange, red and brown leaves that are strewn all over the city. The wind picks one up from here and places it gently over there. Heart shaped leaves make me smile.

The weekend has been exciting. I bought my first car on Saturday morning! It's splendid. Now, i just need to learn how to park properly and with confidence! The worship in church was excellent on Saturday night. On Sunday, Jon and i baked an orange and almond cake with cream cheese and passionfruit icing for afternoon tea. My first time baking with a boy, any boy and it was lovely. The cake was soooo yummy. We ate it whilst watching The Family Stone with flatmate Lise, a movie i've watched before but which i really wanted to watch again with my family here. It's such a good movie and i felt so christmassy after, that i decided to wear a red turtleneck to church that night. Red turtelenecks also make me smile. Jon helped me put fresh sheets on my bed. It was such a lovely thing to be doing together. I'm defnitely getting used to having a boyfriend.

I realise i've used the words 'beautiful', 'lovely' and 'smile' twice each in this entry. Good words!
In other news, there is still leftover cake for tea this afternoon, so really, life is pretty good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the car!!! Did you know how to drive previously, or did you just learn?

Baking with a boy does sound lovely!

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home