Monday, May 08, 2006

When you get what you want but not what you need




I don't like sudden temperature changes and the fact that days are getting shorter. My body, after having lived 23 years in a tropical climate where a cardigan was but a fashion accessory or for use in lecture halls where the thermostat would be below freezing, and where i would be assured that if i went to the cinema at 4 in the afternoon, it would still be light when i got out two hours later, my body is a bit out-of-sorts. It seems to faintly recollect that it has gone through cold before but it's such a faint memory that it begins begging for heat, thinking that things are oh-oh. Meanwhile, this is a chance for me to stay indoors, do some work and look at pretty autumnal pictures taken over the weekend. Thanks be to God for assuaging our (cold) hearts with beautiful foliage in autumn time. He is indeed good.

It's funny how life becomes memory and how a memory comes up randomly, without warning. Six years ago, i thought my life was over because of my dismal grades at a major exam. Six years later, my life is just beginning and the exam is a memory. I wish i could understand all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home