Wednesday, July 12, 2006

And then i don't feel so bad




Still so many things to be thankful for despite the chaos (in my room, in my heart). We have been experiencing absolutely beautiful days the past week (although today, the blue in the skies have decided to go on holiday, leaving behind their gray friend). I have gone to the beach, laid on the rocks with my face to the sun, picked Jon up from work for lunch at the park, walked to the bookstore to salivate over cookbooks (like "Apples for Jam" by Tessa Kiros- this is on my birthday wishlist!) and browsed through "Man of my Dreams" by Curtis Sittenfeld which looks like a great read and which i now want (I'm so over chick lit but still remain a sucker for stories about family, love and finding the one you've dreamed of), watched 'Superman Returns' with friends, one of whom is actually in the movie with speaking lines, eaten fabulous chocolate cake at the post-movie party, started and finished "Anne of Windy Poplars", most of which was read at night in bed (or on the toilet), been invited by Angie to stay at her place if i don't find a house to move into this week, talked to my brother on the phone, eaten simple but good meals, been healed of my backache, driven with the windows down and retro tunes playing on the stereo, dreamt about my new house which is just around the corner and thinking about how it's going to be a creative yet peaceful place for my spirit (I just need to find this house).

I begin the next book in the "Anne" series- "Anne's house of Dreams". I take that as a good sign.

There is always some good in the world and i just needed to list them down so the bad things don't overwhelm me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home