Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Kiss the world with fingers crossed




It is a beautiful, warmish day in Sydney after last night's freak hailstorm. Since i wasn't caught in it however, i was fascinated with the hail littering the pavement. Little rocks of ice which, when clustered together, resembled snow. I picked some up and put them down Jon's t-shirt.

But this morning, it was beautifully warm and breezy. I don't have to wear a jumper in the house any longer and no more gloves or scarves when i go out. When i find my waxing kit, i will wax my legs and wear a skirt. Meanwhile, as i approach Jon's office on the way home from uni, i text him to see if he'd like to take a "short toilet break", which turned into chocolate milkshake and bran and blueberry muffin at the cafe around the corner- his treat. It made me look forward to summer days in shorts, sitting in a cool cafe and drinking iced anything. Not so long now.

I am so thankful that one difficult season is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home