Thursday, September 21, 2006

Take me there





This morning, i had a date scone and a pumpkin and sunflower seeds scone and coffee for breakfast. It felt so nice to sit at the table with the sunshine pouring in; freshly washed hair coiled up in a towel; an instrumental CD playing. I love my "be still" moments.

Yesterday afternoon, Cassie and i had (really good) coffee and biscuits at Toby's. When they closed, we headed to the park and sat on the grass and talked. It was such a lovely time spent with a beautiful girl.

I am on uni break for the next two weeks. Yay! I get a respite from teaching! Although it means that i have to work on my thesis. Hmmm.

It seems as if spring decided to pay us a very short visit (2 weeks to be exact) because summer is here. It's hot, hot, hot. And the flies are coming back. Have been swatting away a few as it is. Yay for tank tops that keep you cool and shorts!

Off to Queensland on Saturday for four days to meet Jon's family. My first ever "meet the family". Right now, i am SO excited to meet everyone who knew Jon way before i did and have some "Did you know when Jonathan was little, he used to..." coneversations. Hehe. He gets to do that when he spends Christmas and New Year's with me in Singapore. I cannot wait.

(Listening to A Night in Rocketown. On repeat.)

1 Comments:

Blogger raggedee_ann said...

I hope you're having a beautiful time! Meeting the family is always nerve-wrecking but it's great when you settle in andn suddenly realise there's a whole new bunch of people in your life to love and be loved by. :)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home