Thursday, February 15, 2007

today


today

i am made better

a salad roll for lunch

3 cups of chai

in the sweetness of honey

my soul finds comfort

in the arms of my beloved

my tears are wiped away

today

i walk and I think

of things that made me happy

when he smiled from afar

my heart racing

my palms sweaty

when I scored a discount on that dress

my heart racing

my body anticipating

the looks from the boys

today I sit and stare

as another day goes by

dawn

morning

noon

evening

dusk

night

dawn

the blue of the sky

gets darker and darker

until sleep beckons and

i dream of my former self

today

i think about love

the friend who counsels

the child who kisses

the beau who perseveres

the parent who lets go

today I think

i think that life is

that life could be

that life will one day be

ok


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi sweetie, just thought i'd share this poem with you from a friend's blog. ain't it perfect for that mood? :)

~ morning ~

When the morning's sun steals through the window-pane,
happy and cautious,
like a child who wants to surprise
early, early on a festive day -
then I stretch full of growing exultation
my open arms to the coming day -
for the day is you,
and the light is you,
the sun is you,
and the spring is you,
and all the beautiful, beautiful
waiting life is you.

<3 mel

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home