Friday, April 11, 2008

friday afternoon



It's a beautiful autumn day outside. I put on my new backpack and walked to the library with a list of books to get.

I love that i have to walk 20 minutes to get there, each step made sweeter by the thought of finding books that will transport me to another world for a few hours.

I ended up with eight books and began my walk back home. I took a detour into Birrel St so i could have my treat for the week- a mini cupcake and soy cappucino from 'We take the cake'. The girl at the counter suggested a black and white cupcake and ordering that and my coffee, i went to sit outside on the wooden bench seats, with olive green and chocolate brown cushions on them.

Unzipping my backpack, I spent a few moments trying to decide which book to start with. Judith Hendricks' The baker's apprentice won me over with its pretty cover. What a lovely, lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon- reading a novel about bread and relationships, savouring the taste of a sweet cupcake and using a spoon to eat the chocolate powder and foam on my cappucino before the first sip.

Walking home, my thoughts settled on making a pretty floral tablecloth for my dining table.

It was a sweet little adventure for a quiet Friday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Ahhhh. What a great way to spend a Friday! I love your light and descriptive writing - I can almost taste the cupcake and cappuccino, and feel the autumn air.

You've inspired me to swing by the library and stock up for the weekend. I'll see if they have The Baker's Apprentice. Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa:)

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed the baker's apprentice. i think you'll like it too!

your fri sounds just so light and lovely. :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger singingsolace said...

mmmm....honey golden it all sounds!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments. I was so excited when I saw them!

Hope you're feeling as warm right now as your post made me feel!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home