Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The white linen curtain blows gently in the wind



The smell of freshly cut grass outside is just what i need right now. Even the sound of my neighbour, Jim, cutting the grass is welcome. I am still in wonder of creation. Every flower, every blade of grass is like healing balm to my soul. Yesterday, i swam at the beach. The cool water was refreshing. Watching the waves come in in the evening reminded me that all was good.
Today, i read and re-read Psalm 27.

"
My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
And my heart responds, “LORD, I am coming.” (Ps 27:8)

So much longing in that verse. It amazes me that the God who created the universe wants to converse with me. He wants to spend time with me.

I can hardly find the right words these days to decribe how i'm feeling. What i write is a tiny, tiny reflection of what i want to write. But i can say this: I am so happy that my dear Yuling received my gift. She is such a sweet soul, deserving of every happiness that i am certain this life will bring her. And also this: Tomorrow is my husband's birthday and i am so excited!

[And, yay for bigger photos!]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(A comment from singingsolace)

Thank you, Genevieve! Your photos are so beautiful! I think your sensitivity is a profound quality. Your writings certainly bring peace to me and remind me of the things I love and hold dear. Have a wonderful celebration with your husband! Pisces and Scorpio are a nice match...no wonder the two of you are so in love!
Be well! Am looking forward to reading more. =)

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't say enough thanks, dear. i had such a good read (mag and card, card and mag, ...) last night in bed i think i drifted into sleep smiling.

have a great celebration with jon - i know you will! :)

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home