Friday, February 29, 2008

I dream of beauty i have never seen yet i feel the sweetness here and now


The last day of summer is cold and blustery. It is time for winter jackets, scarves and gloves to be brought down from the shelves- always a bittersweet thing to do. It's been a whirlwind summer around here with very few hot, hot days that used to be common and more rain than anyone ever expected. I still find myself trying to settle in to now. It's been a little harder than i thought it would be but i am hopeful about what will come next.

This morning, i went for a walk in the cold and it was beautifully refreshing. I had some toast and jam and Morning Tea from T2 for breakfast. The little pink roses Jon bought me yesterday sit in the vase on the table, making me unbelievably happy.

Maybe i am settling in better than i give myself credit for. Maybe i am better than i give myself credit for. Maybe i am that confident and beautiful and intelligent and creative and sensitive woman that i oftentimes have trouble believing that i am.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are THAT woman! :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

You ARE confident, beautiful, intelligent, creative, and sensitive. Believe in yourself (I know - isn't that sometimes hard to do?!). Hope you're feeling better about things.

Oh, and I will gladly send you all my coats, scarves, mittens, and sweaters. After my trip to Florida, I can hardly wait for summer!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home