Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday day trip

Jon and i went up to the Blue Mountains yesterday for a daytrip and we had the bestest time! The drive was lovely (as they always are when i don't have to drive), the weather was beautiful and the air in the mountains was cool, crisp and so clean. I couldn't stop taking deep breaths and wish i could have bottled it up for when i need some refreshment.

We went to the town of Leura, which was very pretty but touristy. I got a pretty coaster and an old issue of Australian Country Style ($1!) to bring home with me. We also had a lovely lunch there. I had the goats chesse and caramelised onion tart which was incredible. Then, we headed to Echo Point at Katoomba to see the Three Sisters, a rock formation. The view was breathtaking!

I will never forget this trip. I felt so close to God, surrounded by the waterfalls and mountains and to have my husband, my best friend there beside me holding my hand and chatting about life...i would not exchange it for anything.

I had me a handsome driver
The beautiful drive
I love tree lined streets
A little church that was too pretty to drive past

Us at Echo Point
Mt Solitary (I felt drawn to this mountain only to find out later that it was called Mt Solitary- perfect for this season in my life where i feel the need for solitude very strongly)
The Three Sisters
Jon at Echo Point
Wentworth Falls
I could not capture the splendor of the mountain in this picture
I love creeks



2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Oh, thanks so much for posting these! It was exactly what I needed over here on a cold winter's night, wanting to see the sun and summer. I had just blogged about that, and checked into your blog before going to bed - and there it was! Everything about your day looked perfect - the scenery, your lunch, and you and John looking so adorable together. You really lifted my spirits. And I'm glad you had such a good time!

Lisa :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

Hi Genevieve! What beautiful photos! You and Jon are such a cute couple!

I dropped by your blog to thank you for the lovely postcard! Yours was the first that I received in the postcard swap! Have a great day! : D

Lisa J.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home