Monday, March 17, 2008

Breakfast options



This morning, i was inspired to contemplate extending my breakfast menu options to more than just toast and coffee. So far, i have come up with: meusli with pear/peach, yogurt and skim milk, oatcakes with honeyed ricotta and blueberries, sourdough with scrambled eggs and porridge with banana and brown sugar. Since it's easter week and hot cross buns are everywhere, i think they would make a nice breakfast treat as well, especially when toasted and buttered lightly.

In other news, i finally got my hands on Tessa Kiros' Apples for Jam. After deliberating for months on whether i should get it ($70 is quite a bit of money to spend on a cookbook), Jon took my $40 Borders gift voucher that Lisa had given me for my brithday last year, topped it up and bought it for me. We both love reading it and looking at the gorgeous photographs. I especially love reading it at the dining table after a swim, with a cup of chai and a cookie.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Your kitchen is so cute and cozy! And I had to check out that book online - and you're right. It's gorgeous! I've added it to my Amazon wish list. I love cookbooks.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i received Apples For Jam as a wedding present last year. i adore it. i think i've only ever made one thing from it (the pear cake), but it's such a great book to browse in bed at night, or on the couch with a cup of tea.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home