Tuesday, March 25, 2008

easter weekend



I spent lots of time resting with Jon this easter weekend and it was really nice. On Friday, we made some toasted meusli (granola), which turned out to be so good, we ate it in two days. Jon brought it to me in bed on Saturday morning when i was feeling too lethargic from my cold to do anything. I pomptly went back to sleep after breakfast and woke up at noon. We spent some time walking by the sea and Jon drove me around to look at people's houses (because that makes me happy). On Easter Sunday, we did church and then a roast lunch at a friend's place. Yum.

Yesterday, we cleaned the house in preparation for some guests we're hosting this week. And then, we went to Gertrude & Alice for tea. It's a beautiful bookstore cafe and i'm always so inspired to write when i'm there. Jon found us some good seats and we browsed through a Jewish bible, the Moosewood cookbook (must buy it soon!) and the Wind in the Willows cookbook (so very charming). Jon had an iced chocolate with ice-cream and i had a soy chai which was made just right. What a beautiful afternoon.

Later that night, we sat in bed and talked and tickled each other. It was the perfect way to end a four-day weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very perfect. :) I miss Gertrude and Alice. If only I could step right into your photo and be there with you. I love you too, my dearest Gen. - Jo

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home