Saturday, May 10, 2008

Somewhere there is a place where we belong



We're talking about moving to the country in the future- wide open spaces, a big house, planting our own flowers and vegetables, a porch, our children being able to run around freely, seeing the sky stretched out into forever.

I cannot wait.

In the meantime we go to the cafe. We have chai and some toasted pear and raspberry bread with butter. We talk. We take photographs. We read books on interior design. We dream. And we have faith that our dreams will come true. In the meantime, we also plant pansies and more herbs for the shared garden in the back. The smell of fresh earth and the act of planting under the afternoon sun remind me of what is to come.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. :) - Jo

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Rhodes said...

Hi lovely,

I can't wait for our new home too. I'm dreaming, planning and realising how much God wants to give to us. Then I go back to dream some more and dream some more.

Love you heaps!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Bubbs said...

I can just imagine it for you both! With God's grace, you both will see your dreams come true in His time! Miss ya!! Muacks! =Þ

6:19 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Gen, I love my package so much! I'm going to blog about it today. Thank you so much for the photos - it really brightened my day. I have them all on my refrigerator, and every time I walk past, I have to smile. It means so much to have someone halfway around the world thinking of me and wishing me well on this crazy journey!

Love,

Lisa :)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home