Friday, September 10, 2004

Every season has its change

I wrote an entry on Wednesday but Blogger was being cranky and didn't want to save it. It's up now though so you should probably read the previous entry below this one before you start reading this.

Now, don't cheat. Go read it!

Done? Good.

Thursday in Sydney was rather gloomy, weather-wise. I went for a walk in the morning and thought i was going to freeze. Spent the rest of the day lounging around in the house although i did go for the 12:15pm mass in the church opposite. It was a simple mass, without any music. But the simplicity was what i enjoyed the most.
If you know me at all, you'd know that i am passionate about music. I always try to make mass back in Singapore as celebratory as possible when it comes to music. I love the tambourines and the singing and the clapping (when we do clap, that is).

But yesterday, there was none of that and it was fine. I didn't feel as if something was lacking. I guess i have to learn that sometimes, just the liturgy itself, without the music, is sufficient.

When we turned around to say "Peace be with you" to one another, i felt an outpouring of sincerity when i said those words.
And i felt at peace myself- spiritually, emotionally, mentally.
It was a good feeling.

In the evening, Charlie took me to Fox Studios. It was fabulous! Very nice and lively (but probably because Blink 182 was playing there). We had a very yummy dinner at an Italian restaurant- bruschetta, pizza and pasta. That Charlie is incorrigible- he wanted me to finish all the pasta even though i was stuffed. Well, i finished most of it!
I drew the line at ice-cream though.

We walked around for a bit and then went to Coogee beach. Such a nice place to sit and think with a cuppa in hand.

I slept so well once i reached home and awoke this morning to sunshine.
Ah, what a life.

Hope the weather remains nice. I'm off to meet Sandy at 3 in the city for coffee. I'm really excited!! Tomorrow, i'm going to MacQuarie Uni's Open House. Sunday...well, all i know is that we're having roast lamb. But that's an event in itself.
Monday, i leave for Melbourne for a week. Then it's back to the familiarity of Sydney, thank goodness. I've become comfortable here. Maroon 5 is palying here on November 21 (my birthday!) so maybe i should extend my trip till then?
Hold your horses. I'm just kidding.

OH! I was telling my cousin Jessie about the cute coffee guy at Gloria Jean's and after i described him to her, she realised she had gone out with him! We had a good laugh about it though. 13 going on 30 was a GREAT movie. I was feeling both happy and sad once the credits rolled at the end just because it was about love.
And love is like that.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shane Pereira said...

hey gen... glad you're enjoying yourself over there!!! I'm so jealous!!! Ah... but i have my "sydney" right here if you know what i mean *wink*

i can't wait to talk to you and we can gossip so much again! hahahaha. missin ya

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too cute. : ) Sydney sounds wonderful darling, glad you are living it to its fullest.

--Cat

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home