Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I know where beauty lives


[Royal Botanical Gardens, Sydney.]

Writing. And writing. And writing. Little time for play. I questioned. Could i handle this? Am i good enough?

But now, it's over. The application, together with my research proposal and supporting documents are in an envelope. They will travel to Sydney tomorrow. And in six weeks, i will know.

To celebrate the end of this arduous application process, i went and had myself a chai latte this evening. I can't believe i managed to send in an application in one week. I am proud of myself, yes i am.

Yesterday, we had blue skies for about fifteen minutes. I stood at the bus stop and Five for Fighting's 100 years was playing. It was a good time for me to step back and say "Enough. Look at the sky, the trees. Listen to the music. This is living."

I want the rain to stop.

I used to worry that i'd die without ever being kissed. That scared me. But i guess that worry worked itself out and for that, i say "Thank-you".

Close your eyes and imagine yourself sitting on that bench in the park, with your legs stretched out before you and a latte at your side. The tree is your shelter. The water is your view. The birds are your company. You are not alone.

Tomorrow, i shall wear my pink and white polka-dot skirt and remember the good things that have come my way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks almost exactly like a photo that was on one of Firestarter's older incarnations. Wouldn't be Kent Ridge Park, I hope?

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I should both know right about the same time, I think. Now all we can do is pray for both of us!

And yes, we do need to catch up online soon!

~Dana

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

-Michelle

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gen, I just wanted to drop by to say hi, I'm still in the midst of exams. Two more to go at this point. [smiles] I am so thankful.

I miss you and I hope the application goes through. I wish you all the luck in the world because I want you to come back here, dear.

Love,
Sandy.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home