Thursday, June 30, 2005

Springtime in Winter


Last night, i stood at the bus stop with rain falling all around me. The light emanating from the street lamps and the cold wind that blew made me think of romance. A man and a woman, boat in coats and scarves and with intertwined fingers walk past me.
I love coats and scarves and boots.
I also love sitting down to some warm soup and crusty bread at the end of a long day.
I love snuggling under the duvet covers, cocooned in my own warm little world, warming my fingers around a mug of hot chocolate with two marshmallows sitting pretty on top.
I also love having long, hot, sweet-smelling showers- the feel of hot water beating down my back as i plan.
I love listening to my favourite rainy day songs as i sit at my desk.
I also love having a bowl of hot porridge with bananas, honey and cinnamon for breakfast.
I love having my coffee sit next to me as i read my bible.
I also love how God is making me re-evaluate everything before i meet the boy i'm to marry.

I love how winter is breathing new life into me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Hi Gen, I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love love love your blogs. My friend Cher told me what an amazing writer you were and told me to read your posts...I think I must have read almost all of them by now! I can't even tell you how much your writing is inspirational, luminous, and so completely real. You and I must have a lot in common because almost everything I've read of yours I can relate to so much! It's crazy, I feel like I know you, or like we're best friends! I just wanted to let you know that I am a big fan of your posts, they are absolutely wonderful, and it is a joy to have read everything you have written. You seem like a very special and interesting person-one of those people that genuinely drinks up life and savors it. It's great. I have a blog now too, but I just started it so there's nothing up there yet. Thanks for being such an amazing writer!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home