Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Good things happen if you just believe



I don't even know where to begin. The chaos that seemed to have fled from my life is back with a vengeance.

I have five interviews to conduct this week for my research. Which means i have seven interviews to transcribe next week. One hour of interviewing takes approximately three hours to transcribe. Each of my interviews lasts for about 1 1/2 hours. You do the Math.

I moved house over the weekend.
I am thisclose to hating my new place. I might freeze here because of the lack of insulation, if i don't become deaf from the planes flying overhead before that. I also found a cockroach in my room yesterday evening. The only good thing is living with Lisa. We take turns to whinge and despair. Today, it's my turn. We are getting the real estate agent to put this house back for lease but we're liable for the rent until they find someone else to take our place. We want to do all of this without having to part with any money. We need to get our bond back. We need a miracle.

I had to wait one hour for the bus back home on Sunday. It was very, very cold. I was very, very unhappy.

I don't have a desk, closet or chest of drawers. My room is a mess. I hate mess.

All is not bad, of course. For instance, i was in the choir in church last Saturday for the first time and it was so, so, so good. I have also discovered wisdom and intuition. I have been blessed with both. I don't know what happened to them regarding this house issue though. Meanwhile i have a roof over my head and for that i'm thankful. I love my research and how it's making me re-evaluate everything. I presented my work-in-progress paper last Thursday in front of fellow peers and academics. Everyone was supportive and encouraging, thank God. Food wise, My kids' German grandma made a chocolate chip and nut cake which i've been having for morning tea the past two days. It's excellent! I've also rediscovered Ribena, thanks to Lisa.
Speaking of food, i'm going to make myself a cup of hot chocolate and chill while waiting for my interviewees to show up.

I am trusting God completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home