Sunday, July 17, 2005

You are amazing, God



It's a perfect winter's day. The sun is shining and the sky is so blue. So blue. Outside, the leaves on the trees are rustling in the wind. The wind is cold. But i am inside, seated on my bed in a such a position that the sunlight falls gently on my freshly washed hair.
It's my one-on-one time with my Father. (In fact, i get lost in repeating this over and over again: Father, Father, Father...).

As the sun warms my neck, i imagine myself being embraced by Him. This is the embrace, the embrace that makes every other embrace that came before seem weak. This embrace comforts, counsels, loves and strengthens. I don't want to let go. I don't have to.

My bible falls open to Habakkuk 3:19, which says:

The Sovreign Lord is my srength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.


I write down the verse and realise how similar it sounds to the verse that was put up in church yesterday:

The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army.


And then i see it. Below the verse in church is written, Habakkuk 3:19. It's exactly the same verse but from a different version of the bible.

Now, this verse is my verse. I have adopted it as mine. I repeat it to myself.
The battle is not mine, it's the Lord's. I need only to be still.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Hi there, thank you for the comment on my blog! Sorry it's taken me forever to respond to the two that you've left me. To answer what you've probably already figured out, I am not Cheryl in Austrailia's friend, I am Cher from Dallas, Texas' friend. She's the one with the "Kindly Unspoken" blog. Anyway, now that that is straightened out, I still love reading your blog. It's great. "You are amazing God" is very inspiring to me and it is just really encouraging to know that other people are going through similar spriitual awakenings as I. Oh, and like I mentioned earlier, thank you for the last comment you left, it's good to know that someone else makes the same mistakes with boys and knows how it feels. I am going to try my hardest not to fall into that again. I want real love with the right person, not just intimacy with the wrong person. Ah, it's hard, because feelings get in the way. Oh well though. I have faith that I'll find it someday, and I'm sure you do too. Our God is faithful, and he will provide us with exactly what we need. God bless Genevieve!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home