Sunday, July 03, 2005

Wonders anew



I'VE HAD AN AMAZING DAY!!
And it all began simply with a mug of soy coffee in the morning, made exactly the way i like it. It continued with the bus arriving fifteen minutes late but me still making it to church with time to spare. The message preached in church, by guest preacher Joyce Meyer, was so relevant to my life and it was exactly what i needed to hear. As i was heading out of church, i bumped into Lisa and we decided to treat ourselves to a cuppa at Gloria Jean's. We've decided to pray earnestly about something that could change both our lives for the better and i cannot wait to see what's going to come out of that.
I made myself a salad for lunch, cleaned my room, changed the sheets and put up my new blinds! Four hours later, i made some lentil soup for dinner (so yum!) and left for church once again.
The 7pm service in church was absolutely electrifying. You could totally feel the spirit moving in the house. I met Daryl, who told me something regarding my research that just blew me away. I don't think i realised the implications of a good thesis. I could possibly change the world by effecting change of some kind.
And that's not all.
The lovely Cheryl blessed me with a book. I bumped into Josh on the way into church. Josh makes me giddy. *blush* But i know you don't want to hear about boys so i'm moving along..
I also met Tim and Liam, two lovely blokes from England who are here for the Hillsong Conference. Together with John, who's a Kiwi, they had a rather intellectual debate on the semantics of soccer/football. In this part of the world, football refers to rugby (or roog-be as the English boys call it) and Liam claimed that was ridiculous because....oh gosh, let's not even GO there. Carston, who was voted the best barista in Gloria Jean's, made me a WONDERFUL mug of hot chocolate (it was so pretty!) and gave me FOUR marshmallows. We all agreed it must have been because i was special. :)
On the way to Central from church, we sat in the bus. Together with the boy. We burst into laughter when Liam started talking about "Poof Daddy", refering to Puff Daddy, of course. It was such a great bus ride home and when i bid the boy farewell, i had a huge grin on my face, he had a huge grin on his face and it was just one of those good goodbyes, if you know what i mean. I wasn't thinking about the fact that i had spent the last three months being in love with him. I wasn't thinking about how he had a girlfriend. It was just a plain and simple goodbye.
That made me smile.

As i stood in the cold waiting for the bus that would take me home, i prayed that it would come soon. It seemed as if i had missed it by a mere one minute and the next one was due to arrive a half hour later. WELL! God sent a bus to me just three minutes later! How good is He to me? I know. He's TOO good! But i deserve it.

I'll be shuttling between work and the Hillsong Conference the whole of this week and probably won't be able to write for a bit but i hope YOU have an awesome week filled with heaps of laughter and a peaceful heart.

(I'm still smiling.)

2 Comments:

Blogger aunty_yip said...

So happy for u Gen! It's lovely reading such a joyful post! :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger lil' said...

you sound reallie happie! :)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home