Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Magic eyes



You'd be happy to know that despite the busy-ness that is my life now, i have taken some time out to have a crush. Or two. But they seem like such sensible crushes- i'm not feeling giddy; my heart doesn't race; i'm not thinking of our kids' names; i'm not struck dumb in their presence.
Maybe it's because i have become more sensible in recent weeks. Everything is moving so fast that i barely have time to stop and stare at the sunset. The days seem almost seamless. Monday could be Tuesday or Wednesday. It's Sunday too soon. I don't have time to be off with the fairies.
And i miss that.
But how amazing is it that God decides to wake me up at 4 in the morning to speak to me, when He knows i won't be distracted by the things of this world. And what he told me and what happened later that day...it floors me. I also can't believe that in two weeks, i'll be living in a fabulous house. I haven't found that house yet. But i will. This week.
I can't believe i've grown into the sort of woman that allows God to instruct her heart even at night. I'm proud of myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure He's proud of you too (:

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home