Friday, September 09, 2005

When the soul wants, the soul waits



I am walking down the street one Friday afternoon to catch a bus, with people in business suits walking past, recharged after their pasta or sandwich...or rocky road ice-cream with chocolate syrup. The smell of freshly brewed coffee, of baristas speaking the not-so-alien-anymore coffee language- large, skinny, cap, foam, no foam- reminds me of how normal everything can seem. I love immersing myself in everydayness.
I want a regular skinny caramel chai latte from Starbucks just to see if i can say the whole thing in a single breath. But also because i love caramel and i love chai and having both in a latte can only be beautiful. Then i remember the huge grilled chicken sandwich i had for lunch a few minutes earlier and decide to save the latte for the weekend, where it can be savoured properly, like it should be.
I am suddenly imbued with feelings of positivity. I find my dreams being restored. I find it all to be possible. I start to walk like a woman with a clear purpose. With my shoulders back, hair blowing in the wind and a "I know something you don't" smile on my face, i arrive at the bus stop and wait for the rest of my life to unfold.

2 Comments:

Blogger raggedee_ann said...

Your entries are always so beautiful Gen. I'm feel like I'm there with you, sharing all your moments, whispering over your crushes, walking into the sunshine, comforted by it. I am glad you are well and purpose-full. I really am.

11:33 PM  
Blogger singingsolace said...

How beautiful! You lift my spirits. Thank you.
Keep being this positive woman.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home