Friday, October 20, 2006

A secret place




Today, i discovered another cafe on Crown St. in Surry Hills. I've been wanting to visit it for almost a year now but somehow, never did. Today however, fortuitously, i sat myself down and ordered a skim cappucino and fig and walnut toast. It's a small cafe which probably sits about seven people comfortably inside and about four outside. It has a lovely French feel to it, with items such as Pain au Chocolat and Bonne Mamma Jam on the menu written in a lovely cursive script and peach-coloured roses sitting in glass vases. (I remembered then that i need to learn French soon). It also serves croissants, a whole range of toast (including sour cherry) and sandwiches. The staff are smiley and my coffee was just the way i liked it. They gave me three slices of the fig and walnut toast, which was really generous i thought. And altogether, it only cost me $6.50. Bargain. It's been a long time since i went to a cafe and felt completely alive, like my dreams could come true and that life will be everything i thought it would be. And then some.
For the afternoons i feel like i need some Gen time, i will walk down in a flowy dress, order a coffee and a biscuit, listen to the sweet music playing, watch the people outside walk hurriedly and then. Rest.

On another note, the jacaranda trees are blooming! That means exam time is near and that means, more marking for me. Hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home