Friday, January 06, 2006

La lune trop pale caresse l'opale de tes yeux blases




I took this photo whilst the world was passing me by in the car last night. Raindrops lingered on the window and as the car moved quickly along the highway, i decided to snap a picture.

I love that oftentimes, it's difficult to know how something is going to turn out but we do it anyway. We take a risk and jump into a whirlpool of uncertainty. Sometimes, the outcome is perfect, just as we thought it would be. Other times, it's something else altogether- unexpected and definitely not perfect.
But after a bit, it all starts to make sense and we say, "Ah". Maybe it's even beautiful.

This morning, i heard Rufus Wainwright's La Complainte de la Butte on my mp3 player and i didn't understand half of it.
But that's ok too. Because i do understand loss and longing and i appreciate a good melody.

I don't need to know everything.

The moon, all too white, caresses the light in your world-weary eyes

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

What a beautiful song, definitely one of my favorites. I've been feeling a lot like this lately too; just a contentment with knowing that the world and life is so much more vast than we can fit into our realm of comprehension. At least, I think that's what you were saying. Nevertheless, I really liked the way you articulated your contemplative mood here. Hope all is well with you, Genevieve!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home