Friday, December 02, 2005

I love the way the simple things just are




I cannot believe that in exactly fourteen days, i will be back in Singapore. It's almost surreal. I've spent the past couple of weeks desperately trying to not think about going back because it's beyond me to even think about what it's going to be like to see everyone again; to drive away from the airport along the East Coast Parkway; to see the Christmas tree all done up in my house; to step into my old church; to play my piano; to see the shadows fall across my bed; to laugh with familiar people; to drink sweet tea; to run at the beach; to talk about boys with my friends; to drink coffee from the Starbucks at Liat Towers after a movie; to see beautiful sunsets from my room...

It's all old and it's all new at the same time.
And i absolutely cannot wait.

How incredibly blessed am i to have two places i can call home- one in Sydney where i wake up everyday feeling worthy and just right because it's where i'm meant to be and where i'm probably meant to be for a while and then one in Singapore where all my lovelies are (and where i can talk about Clay all i want and people don't ask five minutes into the conversation, "Um...who is this guy?")

I am also looking forward to five weeks of doing no laundry, cooking no food, buying no groceries. I am looking forward to not walking 45 minutes to work everyday, to not having to wait an hour for public transport on Sunday night; to be able to afford to take buses just because i can afford it (the only reason i walk everywhere in Sydney is because i cannot afford to spend $2.70 on a bus ride three times a day. The fabulous legs as a result of all that walking are but a bonus); to eat familiar home-cooked food; to get a little breather from some of the boys here who have made me cry and run away.

I will however, miss the boy who warms my hand and makes me smile. Yesterday, after a splendid shopping trip at Bondi, i was in the bus on the way home and passed by his street. My heart started to beat just a little bit faster.

So many things to look forward to.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be a date with me? =)

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gen!

I finally got hold of your blog!! It's been SOOOO long! How've you been?
Ben - The short soci one.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Holy Drummer said...

Welcome Home, dearest Gen! =)

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home